Rishabh Pant is an Indian Cricketer who plays in the Indian cricket team as a middle-order wicket keeper batsman. He is in Delhi Capitals and recently became the captain of the team in the ongoing IPL 2021. He started his career when he plays as India’s squad Under-19 Cricket World Cup in 2016.
Rishabh Pant‘s ideal was the Australian Wicket keeper-batsman, Adam Gilchrist. By watching him from an early age, Pant always wanted to be a cricketer.
Rishabh Pant Biography:
|Name||Rishabh Rajendra Pant|
|Profession||Cricketer (Batsman Wicket-Keeper)|
|Date of Birth||4 October 1997|
|Hometown||Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India|
|Education||Delhi University, Delhi|
|Affairs||Isha Negi (girlfriend)|
|Parents||Father- Late. Rajendra Pant|
Mother- Saroj Pant
|Siblings||Elder Sister- Sakshi Pant|
Rishabh Pant moved to Delhi when he was only 12 to take professional cricket coaching. He enrolled in Sonnet Club. His coach suggested he go to Rajasthan as the cricket scene is really amazing there. He moved to Rajasthan and also participated in U-14 and U-16 team but eventually get out of it because facing discrimination for being an outsider.
Then he moved back to Delhi and represented Delhi many times which seems to be a perfect decision. He came in India team when Rahul Dravid helped him to improve his batting skills. Delhi Daredevils now known as Delhi Capitals took him in for 1.9 crore from base price of 10 lakhs.
Rishabh Pant Cricket Achievements:
Rishabh Pant made his international debut in Test Series England Vs India at Nottingham in August 2018, ODI Series India Vs West Indies at Guwahati in October 2018 and T20 in February 2017 India Vs England at Bengaluru.
Some of his main records are:
- Fastest 50 in the U19 World Cup in 2016
- He also won “Emerging Player of the Season” in IPL 11 as the member of Delhi Capitals he scored the highest run of 684 in the season, hit most number of 6s and 4s too.
- He scored the fastest century in the Ranji Trophy in 2016
- He became the first Indian and sixth overall player who took 7 catches on Test Debut Series as a wicket keeper in 2018.
- First Indian wicket keeper to score a century in England.
- He also won the “Stylish Player Award.”
- His 2016 U-19 World Cup match was the turning point of his life.
- He became captain of Delhi Capitals in 14th edition of IPL.
Apart from Rishabh Pant professional life, his personal life has also been in limelight after the scene with Urvashi Rautela went viral.
Rishabh Pant also introduced his girlfriend Isha Negi on Instagram in 2019. He posted a picture with her that went viral and everybody started adoring the couples. Despite being one of the best cricket Pant also has a great personality.