|FULL NAME||SHWETA TRIPATHI|
|DATE OF BIRTH||6th JULY 1985|
|EDUCATION||NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF FASHION TECHNOLOGY, DELHI DPS, RK PURAM, DELHI|
|PROFESSION||ACTOR, MODEL, ASSISTANT DIRECTOR|
|HOMETOWN||MUMBAI, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA|
|HOBBIES||SINGING, TRAVELLING, PHOTOGRAPHY, DANCING, DRIVING|
|HEIGHT||158 CM OR 1.58 M|
|WEIGHT||55KG OR 121LB|
|EYE COLOUR||DARK BROWN|
Shweta Tripathi was born and brought up in Delhi, even though her family originally hails from Mumbai, Maharashtra. Her father works for the Indian Administrative Service and her mother is a retired teacher. Because of her father’s job, they had to move a lot, therefore she spends a lot of time outdoors. She describes her time in Andaman and Nicobar Islands, the happiest.
She was quoted saying ” “That’s when I discovered how much I like travelling and being outdoors. Every weekend used to be a picnic on a new island, and it was an enriching experience”
She also has an elder sister, Pooja Tripathi.
On June 29th, 2018 in a ceremony in Goa, she got married to the actor and rapper Chaitanya Sharma aka SlowCheetah.
Shweta Tripathi made her debut in the Television Series in 2009, with the famous teenage rom com show aired in India Disney, Kya Mast Hai Life. She played the role of ‘Zenia’, a tomboyish character. She received a lot of appraise for it and the show was renewed for a season 2 as well.
In 2011, she worked in a short film, Sujata, playing the role of ‘younger sujata’.
She made her debut in the bollywood film industry in 2015, with the film, Masaan, opposite Vicky Kaushal. It was the turning point of her career as she received a lot of fame for it Not only this, Shweta also won the Zee Cine Awards for Best Actress In A Supporting Role.
Shweta Tripathi worked in many other films after this, like Haraamkhor (2017), Beautiful World (2018), The illegal (2019). Tripathi’s latest film Gone Kesh is her most ambitious wherein she plays an adolescent dancer who develops alopecia and loses her hair and her self-esteem.
She has also worked in a lot of web series on Netflix and Amazonprime. She made her debut with the famous web series Mirzapur as Golu Gupta. She received a lot of praise for the fearless and brave character she played on screen, and the web series was also ranked the highest.
On 2020, she appeared in two web series on netflix, Raat akeli hai and Cargo, opposite Vikrant Massey.
Shweta Tripathi’s last web series, The Gone Game, which was aired on Voot. The film was shot almost entirely within the confines of their homes and directed remotely.
CONTROVERSIES AND LESSER KNOWN FACTS
- Shweta Tripathi was recently trolled after she reposted comedian Mallika Dua’s picture that has the two and their friends attending the Anti-CAA rally. The post while applauded by her fans also garnered a lot of hate. She later decided to switch the comments off.
- Shweta Tripathi also took a stand for Rhea Chakraborty during her ongoing media trial in her connection with the late actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s death case. In an interview with Times now, she was quoted saying “Think on a human level, this is no way to treat anyone. Our empathy levels have to be high. We have to have sympathy. Forget about global warming, this way humanity will end humanity. It is important to have empathy.”
- She also defended the bollywood industry from Kangana Ranaut’s claim that 99 percent of Bollywood is on drugs. She called it an incorrect generalization and said, ‘No One Is Forcefully Putting Drugs In Our Mouths!’.
- Shweta Tripathi her Tamil film debut with Mehandi Circus directed by Saravana Rajendran.
- She owns a theatre company called ‘All my tea’ productions.
- Shweta is a trained classical dancer as well.
- She was also a photo editor for the women’s magazine, Femina.