Trey Songz was born on 28th November 1984 to a 17 years old mother April Tucker and Claude Neverson Jr. He was raised in a military lifestyle by his mother and stepfather. From a young age, he was not much passionate about music as he was a very shy kid. However, at the age of 14, he recognized his vocal abilities. With his family and friends support, he started to perform at high school. He completed his graduation from Petersburg high school in 2002. He has two brothers named Alex Neverson and Forrest Neverson. And a sister name Nikki Neverson.
TREMAINE ALDON NEVERSON
Trey Songz, Tremaine, Trigga, Trey, Mr Steal Yo Girl.
DATE OF BIRTH
November’ 28’ 1984
Petersburg, Virginia, US
Father- Claude Neverson Jr.
Mother- April( Gholson) Tucker
3 ( 2- brother, 1 sister)
1 (son) Noah
Petersburg High School
$15 million approximately
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Rapper
R&B, hip hop, soul
THE ALCHEMIST( PAULO COELHO)
Dolce and Gabbana, Versace
Menace II Society(1993)
He is a very low-profile person who doesn’t like to share much about his personal life. But, he has relationships with many supermodels and singers like Helen, Necole Bitchie, Tahery, Tanaya, Clara. In April 2009 Songz announced the birth of his child with Caro Colon.
- After graduation through his step-father, he was introduced to Troy Taylors and he was started his career when he signed a contract with Atlantic record in 2003. He has started record his debut album called “I got make it” and was released in July 2005. This brought a lot of success, fame and love. It was ranked 20 number on the billboard list and has sold approximately 40,000 copies in its first week of release. He released another mixtape title ‘Genesis’ which was a collaboration of his first recording when he was 15 years old. In 2006, he started preparing for his upcoming album together with his long-time collaboration Troy Taylor and three people. On October 2, 2007 his second studio album, Trey Day, was released. The album reached 11thon the billboard 200 and sell 73,000 copies in its first week.
- The album’s second single “can’t help but wait” was released in August 2007 and was released to promote his second album and the film set up 2 the streets soundtracks as a single for it. The single reached 14th on the Hot 100, and 2nd on the Hot R&B / Hip-Hop Songs chart. It became the song’s first top 20 hits on the Hot 100 and helped to boost his 2nd album series. The single was also nominated for the best male R&B vocal performance at the 2008 50th Grammy award.
- He released the mixtape “Anticipation” in 2009 which has songs from his 3rd album. On August 31, 2009, he launched his 3rd album “Ready” which was ranked number’s 3 on the billboard list. The fifth and final single from the album “Neighbour’s know my name” was released in 2010 February and reached # 43 on the Hot 100. A sixth single, “Yo side of the bed”, was going to be released in June 2010, but its release was cancelled due to unknown reasons.
- Songz’s fourth studio album, Passion, Pain and Pleasure were released on September’14’2010. On August 18, 2011, it had been announced Songz are going to be performing on his fifth studio album. On 18th May 2015, Songz digitally released the full-length album intermission I and II. Tremaine the album was released on March 24, 2007, three years after his last LP. On April 24, 2020, Trey Songz released “Back Home” featuring a summer walker.
- In December 2016, after the performance at Louis Arena in Detroit. Songz was arrested and charged with felony assault of a police officer and misdemeanour aggravated assault for injury photography. Trey Songz pleaded guilty in August 2017 to 2 reduced counts of disturbing peace and was sentenced to 18 months of probation, substance, screening and anger- management classes. In June 2018, Songz was sued in court for the incident that happened within the 2016 Detroit court.
- On January 24, 2021, Songz was arrested in Kansas City, Missouri, while attending the conference championship game between the Kansas City chief and Buffalo Bills Songz was begin heckled by fans, and he asked them to “chill out”. An officer came to visit, and from sources and a video released by TMZ, an altercation ensued. The alternation results in Songz arrest and charges of trespassing, assault, both misdemeanours and for assaulting a policeman, a low-grade felony. He was released from custody subsequent day.
Trey Songz has received many awards some of them are:
- In 2010, he received the BET Award for Best Male Pop Artist.
- In 2010, he was honoured with two MuchMusic Video Awards for Best Cinematography and Best Hip Hop video.
- In 2014, he received a Soul Train Music Award for Best Soul Male Artist.
- In 2017, he received the YouTube Golden Creator Awards.
FACTS ABOUT TREY SONGZ:
- He features a special tool for her two beloved women that’s her mother and grandmother.
- His biggest music inspiration is D’Angelo.
- He started the Songz for Peace Foundation to assist curb violence amongst youth.
- Trey has a whole chest tattoo dedicated to his family members, it reads, to god, I pray that the rain of April’s began with the fall on her Forrest and let the facility that began with a rose grow. Here his mother’s name is April, his brother name is Forrest and his grandmother name is Rose.
Q 1) What’s the most expensive gift you’ve ever bought for someone?
ANS: The most expensive gift I ever bought was for my mom. I bought her a crib and a couple of cars. She deserved it.
Q2) If your singing career ended, what would you do?
ANS: I love music, so if I wasn’t singing. I would probably still be working in the music industry. I love song writing, so I’d probably be a songwriter.
Q3) What do you do to relax?
ANS: I do exactly what I am doing now, and that’s lay in bed. But I also like to play sports and video games like XBOX to unwind.
Q4) Any new mixtapes or albums you are working on right now?
ANS: Definitely, “instrumental killer”, “getting on peoples” tracks and taking their songs…. I have fun doing that, so that will be a mixtape coming out soon. I have some features coming up a record with Ludacris that I loved, titled “sex room” (I want) to have my own tour before my album drops. I will have another album out this year.