SHILPA SHUKLA CAREER
Shilpa Shukla is a decorated actress from Bollywood who is known for playing offbeat characters in many acclaimed Bollywood films. She initiated her career as a theatre artist working with noted theatre personalities like M.K. Raina, Govind Deshpande, Arvind Gaur, Mahesh Dattani and Girish Karnad, among others.
Shilpa started her acting career with the much-acclaimed Pakistani film Khamosh Pani in 2003. She then appeared in Sudhir Mishra’s acclaimed film Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi but caught filmmakers and audience’s attention with her portrayal of veteran hockey player Bindia Naik in the blockbuster film Chak De India in 2007.
In 2013, she set the screen on fire with her portrayal of Sarika as a seductress in the critically acclaimed film B.A. Pass in 2013. Her splendid performance in the film was lauded by all the film critics and she also won herself a couple of awards.
In addition to films, she has played the lead role in Anurag Kashyap’s miniseries titled Rajuben. Her role was widely appreciated. She began her career as a theatre artist and became a known star with some breathtaking performances. She was last seen in the short film Bullet.
|Address||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hobbies||Dancing and Playing Sports|
|Debut||Film – Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi (2005)|
|Best Movies||Chak De India (2007), Bhindi Baazaar Inc. (2011), and B.A. Pass (2013)|
|Favorite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
EYE POPPING FACTS ABOUT SHILPA
- She hails from a family of eminent scholars, political leaders, and bureaucrats.
- For her performance in B.A. Pass, she won herself Best Actress (Critics Choice) award.
- Her acting career began with a Pakistani film called Khamosh Pani in the year 2003.
- At the age of 16 she started modelling
- Shilpa initially worked in Doordarshan and then started getting offers foe various movies
- Shilpa Shukla, who is known for her role in the 2007 movie ‘Chak De! India’, made her acting debut with the Pakistani film ‘Khamosh Pani’ in 2003
- In an interview she confessed that she had enrolled herself in Sri Ram Centre of Acting, but dropped out within 20 days.
- After which, she joined a theatre group called ‘Asmita’, where she learned acting.
- After ‘Chak De! India’ she was featured in the ‘B A Pass’, that won many international awards like Audience Choice Award at the South Asian Alternative Film Festival in France.
- After B A Pass, she was reportedly unhappy and depressed because of the negative image created by her character in this film.
- In real life Shilpa Shukla follows Buddhism. While, her brother, Tenzin Priyadarshi is a monk
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
Post Shahrukh Khan starrer CHAK DE INDIA it is Ajay Bahl’s widely acclaimed film B. A. PASS which earned Shilpa Shukla enough accolades. While the bold & beautiful actress won quite a few awards and nominations for CHAK DE either in best supporting actor category or as Best actor in negative role one, it is B. A. PASS which won Shilpa her first Best actor award in a critical performance.
Shilpa won the coveted award at the recently held 20th Lions Gold Awards. Besides, she was also nominated for Best actor in a negative performance at Screen Awards.
Shilpa Shukla shared about the same on her micro-blogging page as she won the award, ”Received my first award for best actor in a critical performance from the lion’s club Mumbai and! Nomination for best actor in a negative performance at screen Thank you B.A.Pass!
SHILPA’S GRATEFUL WORDS
”It’s a very special award for me since it’s the first that I have received for my role in B.A.PASS. Lions is big and the humanitarian causes that they work for are outstanding! To get recognized by them is a matter of honor. And I am inspired to work better so that I can be instrumental in bringing hearts closer and more open!” Shilpa told us in an elated tone.