The October release, Scam 1992: The Harshad Mehta Story is the highest rated Hindi language Indian web series on IMDb that released on the platforms of SonyLIV Originals on October 9, 2020, breaking all the records unapologetically in the history of Indian Web Series. It is directed by Hansal Mehta and is based on journalist Sucheta Dalal and Debashish Basu‘s book The Scam: Who won, who lost, who got away. The series has performed immensely well and has earned an enormous amount of love and positive reviews from critics. Therefore, it has the user rating of 9.5 out of 10 and that is definitely the sound of huge success clap, isn’t it?
The series has received over more than 63000 reviews, much of the attention has been grabbed by its introductory part because I think it is one of the best reasons to love Scam 1992, not every series is capable of being watched without its intro getting skipped, in my POV. Plus its casting who aced in delivering potent yet effortless performances in the screen and the cinematography is done brilliantly with the quality of effectiveness as well. With an engaging script and strong direction, this clutching saga has easily managed to make its place in the hearts of millions of people.
The series follows the story of biggest stock market scam that took place in India in the year 1992 by a single man, single-handedly named Harshad Mehta who rises from being a decent man to being the “Big Bull” of Dalal Street. A common man who hankers to have an uncommon lifestyle and how this urge of becoming rich shook the country with a big financial fraud, has been picturised with the lead role played by Gujarati actor Pratik Gandhi.
Scam 1992 can be considered as one of the good things that happened in 2020, for us and the makers undoubtedly. The audience is already going nuts, asking if season 2 of the series will come or not and they just can’t stop anticipating because why not and who does not want to watch another big hit? Are you one of the audiences or I’ve heard the wrong news?
Well, nothing official has been aired so far concerning the news of second or the renewed season of Scam 1992 and has not been confirmed yet but there is an outlying possibility of season 2 obviously with a different storyline that will narrate another scam that tremendously impacted the country. Let us hope for another shot of powerful saga and wait for the announcement by the creators.
The actors who starred in the first season are:
- Pratik Gandhi as Harshad Mehta, the scamster.
- Shreya Dhanwanthary as Sucheta Dalal.
- Vishesh Bansal as the young protagonist.
- Hemant Kher as Ashwin Mehta.
- Ramakant Dayma as Shantilal Mehta.
- Anjali Barot as Jyoti Mehta.
- Kumkum Das as Rasilaben Mehta.
- Kartik Krishnnan as Chandraswami.
- Jay Upadhyay as Pranav Seth.
- Brinda Trivedi as Deepika Mehta.
- Ayaz Khan as Treasury Chief, Bank of America.
- Faisal Rashid as Debashish Basu.
- Sharib Hashmi as Sharad Bellary.
- Chirag Vohra as Bhushan Bhatt.
- Nikhil Dwivedi as Tyagi.
- Jay Mehta as Kiran Ajgaonkar, and others.
- Lisa Loring Wiki, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
- MAX BAER Jr. (American Actor)- Biography, Wiki, Age, Net Worth, Family, Children & more
- LUCY DEAKINS (Attorney)- Biography, Wiki, Age, Height, Family, Net Worth & more
- Jeannette Weegar Wiki, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
- Sarah Egnaczyk Wiki, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
- IJUSTINE (YouTuber)- Biography, Wiki, Age, Net Worth, Height, Family & more