Salman Khan is an actor, producer, Television star and occasionally a singer who is exceedingly popular nationally and internationally. He has won many awards and accomplished a lot of things in his time in the Bollywood Industry.
|Full Name||Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan|
|Date of Birth||27 December 1965|
|Education||St. Stanislaus High School in Bandra, Mumbai St. Xavier’s College in Mumbai (drop out)|
|Religion||Muslim (but identifies himself as a Hindu too)|
|Hobbies||Swimming, Cycling, Singing, Painting, Writing|
|Net worth||Rs. 1950 Crore or $300 million|
|HEIGHT||174 cm or 1.74m. In feet – 5’8|
|WEIGHT||75 kg or 165 lbs|
|BODY MEASUREMENTS||Chest : 45 inches Waist: 35 inches Biceps: 17 inches|
|HAIR COLOUR||Dark Brown|
|TATTOOS||Yes. On his right arm.|
PERSONAL LIFE AND BACKGROUND
Salman Khan was brought up in a middle class family. His father, Salim Khan, a screenwriter was muslim and his mother, Sushila Charak (Salim Khan’s first wife) was a hindu. She later changed her name to Salma Khan.
Salman Khan is till date unmarried, however his dating life has been very popular. His affair with Aiswarya Rai in 1999, sparked a lot of controversy but it ended after two years, in 2001.
Later there were speculations about Salman’s affair with Actress, Katrina Kaif, which was found to be true after Kaif confessed to it in an Interview in 2011, that they had been infact dating for a very long time but separated in 2010. Sangeeta Bijlani and Somy Ali were also in serious relationships with Khan.
Salman made his acting debut in the year 1988, with the movie Biwi Ho To Aisi, in which he played a supporting role. His second film, Maine Pyar Kiya (1989), became one of the highest grossing film in bollywood and he recieved his first Filmare nomination for best actor and best male debut.
In 1994, Salman appeared with Aamir Khan in the movie, Andaz Apna Apna, Produced by Rajkumar Santoshi. The same year he starred opposite Madhuri Dixit in the film Hum Aapke Hain Koun..! It won the national award for the most successful film of the year and one of Salman Khan’s most celebrated film.
In 2009, Salman Khan appeared in the film Wanted, which was an action – comedy film. It recivied a lukewarm response from the audience. He appeared in two other films that year, Main Aurr Mrs Khanna and London Dreams.
In 2011, he launched his own production company called SKBH Productions (Salman Khan Being Human Productions).
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
National film awards
- 2012 – Best Children’s film – Chillar party
- 2016 – Most popular film providing wholesome entertainment – Bajrangi Bhaijaan
- 1990 – Best Male Debut; Best Male actor – Maine pyaar kiya.
- 1999 – Best supporting role – Kuch Kuch hota hai
- 2011 – Best actor – Dabangg
- 2015 – Best actor (popular choice) – Ek tha tiger and dabanng 2
- 2016 – Best film – Bajrangi Bhaijaan
- 2010 – Habitat humanity ambassadarship
- 2016 – IIFA award for best film – Bajrangi Bhaijaan
Salman Khan has won many more awards and nominations for several of his movies over the year.
Salman Khan was booked under rash and negligent driving, on 28th September 2002, when he ran into a bakery shop, killing a person, sleeping outside the bakery and injuring three others under the influence of alcohol. His driver, Ashok Singh, was however arrested and Salman was acquitted of all the charges. Nevertheless, what actually happened that night is a mystery till date.
Blackbuck hunting and Arms Act violations cases
Salman was arrested for allegedly killing deer, during the shoot of Hum Saath-Saath Hain. On 17 February 2006, Khan was sentenced to one year in prison for hunting Chinkara, an endangered species. The case went on for many, many years. On 5 April 2018, he was sentenced to 5 years imprisonment by the Jodhpur court but was released on bail, two days later.
Comments on 26/11 attack
During an interview with a pakistani channel he was quoted “It was the elite that was targeted this time. Five-star hotels and stuff. So they panicked. Then they got up and spoke about it. My question is “why not before?” Attacks have happened in trains and small towns too, but no one talked about it so much.” and continued to say that the pakistanis were not to be blamed, and that it was the India security forces’s fault.
Tweets on Yakub Memon
Salman in his tweet said that Yakub’s brother, Tiger Memon should be hanged instead. He also asked the Prime Minister of Pakistan, Nawaz Sharif to confirm “whether the mob boss is in his country.”, right before Yakub Menon was to be executed. His father later criticized him on twitter. Later Salman apologized and deleted the tweet.
FACTS AND TRIVIA
- Salman Khan has been a mentor to a lot of bollywood actors like Hrithik Roshan and Arjun Kapoor to get into perfect shape.
- He is the founder of Being Human Foundation. It is a charity that provides healthcare and education for underprivileged children.
- Salman resides in the Galaxy Apartments, Bandra, Mumbai. He also has a 150-acre plot in Panvel which has 3 bungalows, a swimming pool and a gym.
- His wax statue was installed in London’s Madame Tussauds Museum, in 2008.
- Salman was ranked the 2nd most googled celebrity in 2015 and 1st among bollywood actors.In August 2017, he was identified as the ninth highest-paid actor in the world, and the second highest-paid in India after Shah Rukh Khan, according to Forbes. He was ranked seventh in Forbes list of highest-paid actors in the world,
- Salman has always been associated with brands like Campa Cola, Limca Soft drink, Hero Honda bikes and Double Bull shirts, Thums Up and actively advertises them.