|FULL NAME||ROHAN NARAYAN MURTY|
|DATE OF BIRTH||YEAR 1983|
|SCHOOL||BISHOP COTTON BOY’S SCHOOL|
|COLLEGE||CORNELL UNIVERSITY, ITHACA, NEWYORK HARVARD UNIVERSITY, BOSTON|
|EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS||GRADUATION AND PHD IN COMPUTER SCIENCE|
|HOMETOWN||BANGALORE (OR BENGALURU), KARNATAKA|
|HOBBIES||READING BOOKS, DANCING, TRAVELLING|
|NET WORTH||$500 MILLION|
|HEIGHT||IN CENTIMETER – 170 CM |
IN METER – 1.7 M
IN FEET & INCHES – 5’7”
|WEIGHT||IN KILOGRAM – 70 KGS |
IN POUNDS – 154 LBS
|BODY MEASUREMENTS||CHEST SIZE – 40 INCHES |
WAIST SIZE – 30 INCHES
BICEP SIZE – 13 INCHES
|EYE COLOUR||DARK BROWN|
Rohan Murty is the son of Narayana Murthy, founder of Infosys, and his wife Sudha Murthy, an engineer and author of note. Shrinivas Kulkarni, a professor of astrophysics and planetary science at California Institute of Technology is his maternal uncle.
In 2011, Rohan Murty married Lakshmi Venu, the daughter of TVS Motors Chairman Venu Srinivasan. However, the couple got divorced in 2015 due to personal issues.
Later in December 2019, he married Aparna Krishnan, the daughter of a Kochi-based retired SBI employee Savithri Krishnan and a former Indian Navy officer Commander KR Krishnan.
After his 12th std, Rohan Murty moved to the USA to pursue an undergraduate degree in computer science from Cornell University, Ithaca, Newyork.
In 2011 he obtained a PhD from Harvard University in computer engineering. The subject of his doctoral thesis was Opportunistic Wireless Networks, being networks which work by continually seeking and using underused portions of spectrum currently, and vacating them if any incumbent returns.
Rohan was appointed as an executive assistant at the Chairman’s Office reporting to Narayana Murthy at Infosys, when Narayana Murthy returned to Infosys, in June 2013. His appointment as Vice President at Infosys was subjected to approval by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, India.
However, he left the company when Narayana Murty stepped down as executive Chairman.
FACTS AND TRIVIA
- As on 1 June 2013, Rohan claims to have owned Infosys shares worth $347 million.
- Rohan spells his surname different from that of his father. Unlike his father, he spells his surname as ‘Murty’ instead of ‘Murthy’.
- In his childhood, he suffered from infantile eczema, an allergy to vaccination.
- Since he was a kid, Rohan Murty had been interested in programming.
- Rohan’s PhD was supported by a Siebel Scholars Fellowship and a Microsoft Research Fellowship.
- He is an avid dog lover and has a dog pet whose name is, Gopi.