|Birth date||29 May, 1954|
|Birth Place||Ludhiana, Punjab|
|Alma mater||National School of Drama|
|Qualification||• Engineering Graduate |
• Graduated from NSD
|Profession|| • Actor |
• Story Writer
|Spouse||• Neelima Ajeem ( 1975-1984)|
• Supriya Pathak (1988- present)
|Children||• Shahid Kapoor |
• Sanah Kapur
• Ruhaan Kapur
The talented Indian Actor, Pankaj Kapur, was born on 29th May, 1954, in Ludhiana, Punjab. Pankaj Kapur is a famous personality of Indian theatre, television, and films. Since childhood, Pankaj Kapur developed a keen interest in theatres and acting. Later he decided to enrolled himself in NSD, New Delhi.
In the year 1975, Pankaj Kapur married Neelima Azeem. Neelima Azeem is a popular dancer and a successful Actress. Later, Neelima Azeem and Pankaj Kapur settled in New Delhi. In the year 1981, they had their first child, Shahid Kapoor. But the couple couldn’t last for long. Neelima Azeem and Pankaj Kapur divorced in the year 1984.
In 1986, Pankaj Kapur and Supriya Pathak met during a movie shooting, Naya Mausam. The movie Naya Mausam was never released, but Pankaj Kapur and Supriya Pathak found their eternity in each other. Supriya Pathak and Pankaj Kapur found a lot of things in common. Like Pankaj Kapur, Supriya Pathak also had a failed marriage before.
“I had no problems at all that he was married before. I met him with a clean slate. He had made it clear from the beginning that his son Shahid meant the most to him.” Supriya Pathak said.
Pankaj Kapur and Supriya Pathak got married in the year 1988. They have one daughter Sanah Kapur and a son Ruhaan Kapur.
Pankaj Kapur completed his engineering in the year 1973, from New Delhi. Pankaj Kapur topped his college. After graduation, Pankaj Kapur decided to join NSD to polish his acting skills. Then after, Kapoor enrolled himself in the National School of Drama (NSD) in New Delhi.
Later, Pankaj Kapur completed his acting course and graduated from National School of Drama with flying colours in the year 1976. There, Pankaj Kapur received the ‘Best Actor Award’.
Four years after graduation from NSD, Pankaj Kapur received an offer for the role of Gandhi by Richard Attenborough. As a director, he has directed more than 74 plays and serials, including Mohandas B.A.L.L.B., Wah Bhai Wah, Sahabji Biwiji Ghulamji and Drishtanth, Kanak Di Balli, Albert’s Bridge and Panchvan Savaar.
He made his debut film Arohan, with Shyam Benegal’s film in the year 1983. After Arohan, he played the role of Mahatma Gandhi’s second secretary, Pyarelal, in the Richard Attenborough film Gandhi in the year 1982. He also dubbed for Ben Kingsley for the Hindi version of the film.
Later, in the year 1986, he swapped himself to television, with a role of Karamchand jasoos in the detective-comedy, received a lot of attention. He has done several TV serials, including, Kab Tak Pukaroon, Zabaan Sambhaal Ke, Lifeline with Vijaya Mehta, Neem ka Ped and finally comic interludes in Philips Top 10.
- National Film award for Best supporting actor – Raakh, 1989
- National Film award for Best jury Award – Ek doctor ki maut, 1991
- Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a comic role – Office Office, 2001
- Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a comic role – Office Office, 2002
- Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a comic role – Office Office, 2003
- Guild actor for best actor in supporting role – Maqbool, 2004
- Star Guild Award for Best Actor in a Drama Series – Office Office, 2004
- ITA Award for Best Actor, Comedy – Office Office 2004
- Zee Cine Award Best actor – Maqbool, 2005
- Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor – Maqbool, 2005
- ITA Award for Best Actor – Comedy – Office Office 2007
- Published book Dopehri with Rahul Soni, 2019
For more articles, visit https://tellygupshup.com/