Nikhita Gandhi is Indian playback singer. She sings in majorly four languages – Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Bengali, and Kannada. She gained fame after she made her bollywood debut with the title track of the film Raabta.
|FULL NAME||NIKHITA GANDHI|
|DATE OF BIRTH||2ND OCTOBER 1991|
|BIRTHPLACE||KOLKATA, WEST BENGAL|
|HOMETOWN||KOLKATA, WEST BENGAL|
|SCHOOL||LA MARTINIERE FOR GIRLS, KOLKATA|
|COLLEGE||RAMACHANDRA COLLEGE, CHENNAI|
K.M. COLLEGE OF MUSIC AND INDUSTRY
|EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS||B.DS (BACHELORS IN DENTAL SURGERY)|
|HOBBIES||PLAYING CARROM, TRAVELLING|
|HEIGHT||IN CM – 160CM|
IN M – 1.6M
IN FEET & INCHES – 5’3″
|WEIGHT||IN KG – 60 KG|
IN LBS – 132 LBS
|HAIR COLOUR||BLACK (SOMETIMES DYED IN BLUE)|
|EYE COLOUR||DARK BROWN|
PERSONAL LIFE OF NIKHITA GANDHI
Nikhita has been born and brought up in a half Bengali and half Punjabi family. She completed her graduation in Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai. Later she pursued her genuine passion, music, from K.M. College of music and industry.
Her father’s name is Uder Vir Gandhi, and mother’s name is Nipa Gandhi. They are both dentists.
She also has 2 brothers. One of the brothers name is Niru Gandhi, the others’ name is not known.
Nikhita Gandhi’s boyfriend’s name is Shashwat Singh.
Nikhita Gandhi made her debut in Tamil film industry with her song ‘Modern Kalyanam’ from the movie Kalyana Samayal Saadham (2013).
Apart from singing in the movies, she has put together a band and has also performed at Kerala and Kolkata. Gandhi’s five-member band includes Sajith Sathya, Jerard Felix, Godfrey Immanuel and Joshua Gopal.
She made her debut in Bollywood, with the song ‘Raabata‘ from the movie Raabata (2017). The song starred Deepika Padukone.
Her other famous songs include Tareefan, Burj Khalifa, Naach meri rani, Aao Kabhi Haveli pe, Ullu ka patha, Do you love me, Love mashup 2019 and many more.
During an interview, Nikhita said, “Music labels tend to interfere in the creative content” However later she took to her social media handles to clarify the misunderstanding. She told that her words were misinterpreted and there was a confusion in what she said and what was published.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
|Award Ceremony||Category||Nominated work||Result|
|10th Mirchi Music Awards||Female Vocalist of The Year||“Ghar” from Jab Harry Met Sejal||Nominated|
|Filmfare Awards||Best Playback Singer (Female)||“Ghar” from Jab Harry Met Sejal||Nominated|
|Sony MIX Audience Music Awards||Best Duet||Qaafirana from Kedarnath||Won|
LESSER KNOWN FACTS
- Nikhita’s first association with Rahman was during an Indo-German exchange, where she was a part of a choir which performed with the German orchestra. Rahman then individually auditioned her for a commercial project titled ‘Qyuki’ with Shekhar Kapur. The duo were working on.
- In April 2019, she released her single Ek Do Teen on Zee Music Company that has been composed by Raees & Zain – Sam, she later followed it up with Madari from the film The Extraordinary Journey of The Fakir along with Vishal Dadlani in June 2019.
- Nikhita Gandhi is a trained odissi dancer.
- She is an environment enthusiast.
- Nikhita Gandhi lent her voice for 3 tracks from the iranian film, “Muhammad (SAL): the messenger of god”
- She sang 3 songs for the hollywood film “Pele: Birth of a legend” (2016).
- She received training for Hindustani and odissi music for 12 years.
For more such articles Click here