Neeti Mohan is a very famous Indian singer, songwriter and music composer who has given the Bollywood industry several hit songs and won several awards. She mostly sings Hindi songs but in the past, also sang Marathi, Tamil, Telugu and Kannada.
|FULL NAME||NEETI MOHAN PANDYA|
|DATE OF BIRTH||18th NOVEMBER 1979|
|EDUCATION||MIRANDA HOUSE – BACHELORS IN PHILOSOPHY|
|HEIGHT||165 cm OR 1.65 m|
|EYES COLOUR||DARK BROWN|
Neeti was brought up in Delhi. Her father, Brij Mohan Sharma, is a government officer and her mother, Kusum, is a homemaker. Neeti Mohan has three sisters; Shakti Mohan, Mukti Mohan and Kriti Mohan. Neeti had a very strict and disciplined childhood. Her father always encouraged her to take part in cultural activities, parades, and other extra-curricular activities.
She began learning music in Gandharva Mahavidyalaya. Later, she learnt music formally at the Bhatkhande Music Institute and continued training with Rajashree Pathak, for five years, in Mumbai. Apart from singing, she also learnt and taught dance to younger kids, with her sisters with the supervision of Ashley lobo.
Neeti made her Bollywood singing debut with the song ‘ishq wala love’, in student of the year (2012) in which the audience absolutely loved her voice. She was next heard in “Jiya Re” from Jab Tak Hai Jaan, which was composed by A. R. Rahman, It was her first recorded song.
For both these songs, she won RD Burman Award for New Music Talent at the Annual Filmfare awards, and also won the Best Female Playback Singer for the song “Jiya Re”.
Neeti Mohan’s biggest hit was when she sang 6 songs for the movie, Bombay Velvet. It was the first time she read the script of the movie before singing, to get into the character. She gained a lot of popularity and fame after this.
She was a part of the music reality show,The Voice India Kids as a mentor, alongside Shaan and Shekhar Ravjiani. In the year end,she filled in as a mentor in the second season of the Indian reality show The Voice.
- 2013 -Upcoming Female Vocalist of The Year “Jiya Re” and “Jab Tak Hai Jaan”
- 2018 – Indie Pop song of the year – “Man Marziyan”
- 2017- Best Playback Singer – Female – Tamil “Neeyam Naanum” Naanum Rowdy Dhaan
- 2017- Dabur Best Smile – The Voice India Kids (2016)
HT India’s Most Stylish Awards
- 2018 – Most Stylish Music Star
Dada Saheb Phalke Film Foundation Awards
- 2018 – Best Playback Singer – Female Contribution to the music industry for the year 2017 – 2018
FACTS AND TRIVIA
- Neeti Mohan’s inspiration to get into the music industry was none other than A. R. Rahman. She pursued her career as a singer after listening to his music in Roja (1992).
- After she won the reality show ‘popstars’ she formed her own band, Aasma, along with other winners of the show. Then she moved to Mumbai to become a professional singer.
- Neeti is an environment enthusiast and prefers to use biodegradable things. She also has a dustbin in her car.
- She is an avid dog lover.
- She is a close friend of Actress, Alia Bhatt.
- She made a guest appearance in ‘khatra khatra khatra‘.
- Besides her career in music, Mohan has also contributed to various charities. In October 2014, she performed at the “Hum Hain Umeed E Kashmir” concert in Ballia, in an appeal for donation to support rehabilitation of those who suffered during the Kashmir flood.