Mithali Raj is an Indian National team Cricket player and Captain of the Women’s national team in Test and ODI matches. She has a Batting average of 51.00 in tests, 50.64 in ODI, and 37.52 in T20 matches and she played all three Cricket formats for India.
|Name||Mithali Dorai Raj|
|Born||3 December 1982 (38 years in 2020)|
|Birth Place||Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India|
|Another Name||Lady Sachin|
|School||Keyes High School For Girls, Secunderabad •Kasturba Gandhi Junior College West Marredpally, secunderabad|
|Address||Trimulgherry, North part of Hyderabad|
|Height||in centimeters:- 163 cm In meter:- 1.63 m and 5’4″ In inch|
|Jersey Number||#3 for India|
|Domestic team||Air India Women • Railways • Asia Women XI • India Blue Women|
|Coach name||Jyoti Prasad ,Sampath Kumar ,Vinod Sharma ,R. S. R. Murthy|
Mithali Raj was born on 3 December 1992 in Jodhpur Rajasthan to a Tamil Family. Her father is Dorai Raj, an Airman in the Indian Air Force, and her mother is Leela Raj.
She lives in Hyderabad, Telangana. She started her Cricket coaching at the age of 10 with her brother.
ODI debut:- 26 June 1999 vs. Ireland at Milton Keynes
Test Debut:- 14 January 2002 vs. England
T20 Debut:- 5 August 2006 vs. England
1995, She played her first national-level Cricket match at the age of 13 for Andhra Pradesh. Later showed her skills in under-16 and under-19
1997, She was placed as Probable for the Women’s Cricket World Cup but could not find a place in the team.
1999, Mithali Raj made her ODI debut in June against Ireland and defeated the team. She scored 114 runs with Reshma Gandhi in a 254 runs partnership.
in 2000, She played for the Railway with Diana Edulji’s help.
2002, Mithali Raj made her Test debut against England but was out at 0 runs.
Soon, she made her comeback at Bust half Century and completed a record of 214 runs in the third match.
2005:- Mithali leads the team to the World Cup final for the first time in South Africa.
In 2013, Mithali Raj was the number 1 cricketer in ODI charts among women.
in 2019, she retired from T20 internationals.
- Mithali Raj is the high up run-scorer in international Cricket.
- She holds the record for the 2nd highest score in women’s Test cricket, with 214 runs against England in the second and final Tests in 2002.
- She was the primary women cricketer to score seven consecutive half-centuries in ODI matches.
- In July 2017, she became the highest run-scorer in Women ODIs by defeating Charlotte Edwards.
- Mithila Raj is the first Indian and 5th women cricketer to score thousand runs in the World Cup.
- She is the only player to have captained India in more than one ICC, ODI world Cup twice in 2005 and 2017.
- During the series against New Zealand women, she became the first lady to play in 200 ODI matches.
- She became the primary woman cricketer to have an international career lasting more than 20 years.
2015- She got Padma Shri Award and conjointly became Wisden Indian Cricketer of the year.
2017- she was granted as the Youth Sports Icon of Excellence Award at the Radiant Wellness Conclave, Chennai. In the same year, she got Vogue Sportsperson of the Year award at Vogue’s 10th anniversary and Listed on BBC 100 Women list.
She likes to dance, and her favorite dance form is Bharata Natyam.
Her favorite Bollywood celebrities are Priyanka Chopra, Shah Rukh Khan, and Amitabh Bachchan.
Does Mithali Raj Drink?
Who is favorite Cricketer of Mithali Raj?
Michael Clarke, Sachin Tendulkar
Who is Mithali’s favorite Poem?