Kareena Kapoor is an immensely famous Indian Actress who mainly acts in Hindi films. She is one of the most famous and highest paying actress in the Bollywood actress.
|FULL NAME||KAREENA KAPOOR KHAN|
|DATE OF BIRTH||21st SEPTEMBER 1980|
|EDUCATION||JAMNABAI NARSEE SCHOOL, MUMBAI MITHIBAI COLLEGE, MUMBAI (DROPOUT)|
|HOBBIES||READING, SWIMMING, YOGA|
|HEIGHT||163 cm OR 5’4|
|WEIGHT||55kgs OR 121lbs|
|HAIR COLOUR||DARK BROWN|
Kareena Kapoor belongs to the famous Kapoor dynasty, which has produced several actors in the bollywood industry. She is the paternal granddaughter of actor and filmmaker Raj Kapoor, maternal granddaughter of actor Hari Shivdasani, and great-granddaughter of filmmaker Prithviraj Kapoor. The actor Rishi Kapoor is her uncle, and his son, actor Ranbir Kapoor, is her cousin. Coming from a family with Bollywood roots, her childhood dream was to become an actress someday.
Although coming from a Bollywood background, Kareena’s father initially disapproved of women from his home, entering the Bollywood industry which led to his and his wife’s separation. After Karishma Kapoor’s debut in the industry, they reconciled.
- Hritik Roshan – Kareena Kapoor and Hritik Roshan were rumoured to be dating for quite sometime when they worked on a number of films Yaadien, Main prem ki deewani hoon, Mujhe shaadi karoge among others. However they got separated after Hritik’s family showed their dissaproval of their relationship.
- Shahid Kapoor – Kareen Kapoor and Shahid Kapoor were reportedly dating for almost 3 years. Their break up devasted the fans. In a film companian interview, she told Anumpam Kher, that “Destiny had its own plan.”
On October 16th 2012, Kareena married Saif Ali Khan. She has a son with him, Taimur, who was born just months after their marriage. Currently Kareena is pregnant with their second child.
Kareena Kapoor made her debut in the bollywood industry in 2000, with the film Refugee. It was followed by historical drama Aśoka and the melodrama Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham… (both 2001). In her initial years she had to face criticism because of commercial failures and repetitive roles.
She garnered a lot of appraise and fame for her performances in the romantic comedy Jab We Met (2007), the thrillers Kurbaan (2009) and Talaash: The Answer Lies Within (2012), and the dramas We Are Family (2010), Heroine (2012) and Udta Punjab (2016). These were some of the most celebrated films of her career.
Currently, she is prepping for her upcoming film, Laal Singh Chaddha, starring opposite Aamir Khan for the 3rd time. It is a remake of the American comedy-drama Forrest Gump (1994). She is also shooting for Karan Johar’s directed film Takht, in which she will be potryaing a mughal princess, Jahanara Begum.
2011 – Best Supporting Actress for We Are Family
2008 – Best Actress for Jab We Met
2007 – Best Actor/Actress Critics Award for Omkara
2005 – Best Actor/Actress Critics Award for Dev
2004 – Filmfare Special Performance Award for Chameli
2001 – Best Newcomer – Female for Refugee
2010 – Best Performance In A Leading Role (Female)for Paa
2010 – Best Performance In A Leading Role (Female) for 3 Idiots
2008 – Best Performance In A Leading Role (Female) for Jab We Met
2004 – Samsung Style Diva Award
Apart from these, Kareena won several other awards, recognitions and nominations for various films throughout her career in bollywood.
- During the shoot of the film, Ajnabee, Kareena Kapoor and her co star Bipasha Basu got involved in a lot of catfights now and then. During one such instance, Kareena raised her hand at Bipasha and yelled “kaali billi” attacking her for her dark complexion.
- During an interview, Kareena commented on the actress, Priyanka Chopra‘s accent, to which she replied she got it from where Saif got his. They have both been arch nemesis since the movie, Aitraaz.
- Kareena Kapoor and Shahid Kapoor had been one of the most celebrated couple of bollywood. However, sometime before there official breakup, a video of couple leaked on the internet where they two were seen smooching passionately.
- There was a lot of controversy surrounding Kareena’s first child, Taimur Ali khan’s name as people began to associate it with the Turkish Ruler, Timur. It caused a lot of distress to his parents, and during various occasions they expressed their dismay over this.
LESSER KNOWN FACTS
- Apart from being an actor, Kareena Kapoor is also a designer. She is the first Indian actress to launch her own line of clothing for women.
- Kareena also has been involved in charity work to promote children’s education and women safety.she took part in the international campaign 1GOAL Education for All, and was appointed ambassador for the Shakti Campaign—a project launched by NDTV to combat violence against women—in commemoration of the 100th anniversary of International Women’s Day.
- She is a foodie and enjoys a meal of Rajma – Chawal or pasta. She also loves nonvegetarian food.
- Kapoor has taken part in several stage shows and world tours since 2002. Her first tour with Hrithik Roshan, Karisma Kapoor, Arjun Rampal and Aftab Shivdasani) was successful in the United States and Canada. It was called ‘Heartthrobs: Live in Concert’.
- In February 2013, Kapoor released her autobiographical memoir: ‘The Style Diary of a Bollywood Diva‘.
- She is close friends with Malaika Arora.
- Kareena Kapoor is presently pregnant with her second child.