|FULL NAME||KAMBEYANDA GULSHAN DEVAIAH|
|DATE OF BIRTH||28th MAY 1978|
|HOMETOWN||BANGALORE, KARNATAKA, INDIA|
|HOBBIES||THREATE PLAYS AND READING|
|SCHOOL||CLUNY CONVENT HIGH SCHOOL ST. JOSEPH INDIAN HIGH SCHOOL, BANGALORE|
|COLLEGE||NATIONAL INSTITUE OF FASHION DESIGNING, GANDHINAGAR (DEGREE IN FASHION DESIGNING) BEL PRE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE, BANGALORE|
|HEIGHT||178 CM OR 1.78 CM|
|WEIGHT||68 KGS OR 150 LBS|
|BODY MEASUREMENTS||CHEST—38 INCHES|
|EYE COLOUR||DARK BROWN|
Gulshan Devaiah was born in Jalahalli, Karnataka and brought up in Bangalore, Karnataka. Being an only child, he is adored by both his parents. He is the son of Sri Devaiah and Pushpalata Devaiah, who were employed by Bharat Electronics Ltd.
In 2012, Gulshan Devaiah married a Greek actress, Kalliroi Tziafeta.
In 2020, there were rumors of their divorce. However, later in an interview, the news of their 8 years old marriage coming to an end was confirmed. Gulshan Devaiah was quoted saying, “We are amicably divorced! We both are doing okay. We did not put out a press or social media statement because our marriage is our private matter. That’s all there is to say.”
In the same year, he appeared in the film Shaitan, starring Rajeev Khandelwal and Kalki Koechlin, where he played the role of Karan Chaudhary. The film was a huge critical and commercial success. Gulshan Devaiah won several nominations like Filmfare Awards, Screen Awards, Stardust Awards and Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards in the category of Best Male Debut and Best Actor in a Supporting Role, for his role in the movie.
In 2012, he got a major career breakthrough. He played his first lead role in the film, Vivek Agnihotri‘s erotic thriller Hate Story. The film was a hit and gained a lot of positive reviews from the critic.
His other films include; Sanjay Leela Bhansali‘s romantic-tragedy drama film Ram-Leela, where he played the role of Bhavani, which was a ‘blockbuster’ in the year, Harshavardan Kulkarni’s adult comedy film Hunterrr, alongside Radhika Apte, Vivek Agnihotri‘s film Junooniyat, Cabaret, A Death in the Gunj and CandyFlip, etc.
Gulshan Devaiah also appeared in the dark comedy series, Afsos, in 2020, where he played the role of Nakul, a boy with suicidal tendencies. It was premiered in Amazon prime and achieved a lot of praise.
LESSER KNOWN FACTS
- Gulshan Devaiah worked as a teacher at Wigan and Leigh College in Bengaluru.
- Gulshan likes theatre plays and reading books. His favourite books are The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and India After Gandhi by Ramachandra Guha.
- Gulshan Devaiah played the role of a CBI officer in his film, Footfairy (2020)
- During his college days he used to be an introverted, shy person, but now that has changed and he is known for his bold and daring roles.
- For his film, Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota, Gulshan won Screen Award for Best Supporting Actor and was also nominated for Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor.
- Gulshan Devaiah also appeared in Netlfix film, Ghost Stories. It was his debut in Indian web series.
- He is also an avid cat lover and also has a cat as his pet.