|FULL NAME||DIPANKER DE|
|DATE OF BIRTH||5th JULY 1944 ,|
|EDUCATION||PRESIDENCY UNIVERSITY, KOLKATA (MA IN ECONOMICS)|
|SPOUSE||DOLON ROY (m. 2020)|
|HAIR COLOUR||BLACK (SEMI BALD)|
Dipanker De was raised in Kolkata, West Bengal. His father was an Engineer in Jharkand and his mother worked in England. Their names are unknown. As a child, Dipanker was fond of reading and travelling.
Dipanker has two kids and two grandkids from his first marriage. He is now married to his long-term girlfriend, Dolon Roy. (m. 16th January 2020). He received great applause from his fans for breaking age stereotypes by getting married at 76 years.
Dipanker De’s debut film in Bengali film industry was ‘Seemabaddha’ in 1971. After that, he worked in several other bengali films like ‘Jana Aranya’ (1976), ‘Ganashatru’ (1989), ‘Shakha Proshakha’ (1990), ‘Titli'(2002), ‘Hemlock society’ (2002), ‘challenge 2’ (2014), etc. and established himself in the industry.
Not just this, Dipaker De then made his debut in Television debut with the Bengali TV show, ‘Ganer Oparey’ (2010-2011). He continued to act in other TV shows like ‘Jarowar jhumko’ (2016-17) and ‘Kanak kakon’ (2019 – present).
He then made his Bollywood debut with the film ‘youngistaan’ (2014).
He also entered the hindi television industry by playing supporting roles in TV shows like ‘Jai Kanhaiya lal ki’ (2018) as ‘Janki Nath Chaudhary’.
FACTS AND TRIVIA
- Dipanker de had a tragic childhood, his mother came back from England when he was 10 years old and later after 8 years she passed away.
- As a child, Dipanker enjoyed listening to music and reading.
- Dipanker received the national film award for his performance as a supporting actor in the movie ‘Parama’ in 1986.
- Dipanker’s marriage to his long-term partner, Dolon ray whom he had been in a live in relationship, for many years sparked controversy.
- He received Banga Bibhushan Samman from the chief minister of West Bengal, Mamata Banerjee and the former governer of West Bengal, M.K Narayana for his contributions at the science city in Kolkata.
- Dipanker suffered severe breathing problems and was taken to a hospital in salt lake city, Kolkata and was admitted in the ICU unit.