The Indian stand-up comedy competition based Tv show Comicstaan premiered on July 13, 2018, created by Only Much Louder for the platform of Amazon Prime Video and directed by Khuzema Hevelliwala. The series has launched two seasons with a total of 17 episodes so far. In its first week of release, it became the most-binged show on Amazon India.
The series emphasizes on a competition that concerns over finding the Next Big Comedy Sensation of nation. The searching process begin with selecting among seven Indian comedians. In season 1, the personalities who made their appearance as the judges were Biswa Kalyan Rath, Tanmay Bhat, Sapan Verma, Kaneez Surka, Kanan Gill, Kenny Sebastian, and Naveen Richard. The show was hosted by Sumukhi Suresh and Abish Mathew. The grand finale of the show aired on August 17, 2018, and the title of winner was taken away by Nishant Suri, who belonged to Noida.
The second season got premiered on July 12, 2019, near about one month after the show was renewed and Zakir Khan’s name came into news regarding him joining the list of judges while the names like Naveen Richard and Sapan Verma tend to show their high chances of not returning back to the show again. And this season was hosted by Urooj Ashfaq. There emerged two joint winners named Akash Gupta and Samay Raina for the second season.
- Nishant Suri (from Noida, Uttar Pradesh) (Winner)
- Shankar Chugani (from Coonoor, Tamil Nadu)
- Rahul Dua (from Ludhiana, Punjab) Runner up
- Rueben Kaduskar (from Mumbai, Maharashtra)
- Shashwat Maheshwari (from Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh)
- Saurav Mehta (from Kolkata, West Bengal)
- Arnav Rao (from Chennai, Tamil Nadu)
- Aishwarya Mohanraj (from Mumbai, Maharashtra)
- Prashashti Singh (from Amethi, Uttar Pradesh)
- Sejal Bhat (from Bangalore, Karnataka)
- Shreeja Chaturvedi (from Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh)
- Joel D’Souza (from Mumbai, Maharashtra)
- Rohan Gujral (from Mumbai, Maharashtra)
- Aakash Guptaa (from New Delhi) (Winner)
- Supriya Joshi (from Mumbai, Maharashtra)
- Samay Raina (from Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir) (Winner)
- Raunaq Rajani (from Mumbai, Maharashtra)
- Ramya Ramapriya (from Bangalore, Karnataka)
- Devanshi Shah (from Mumbai, Maharashtra)
- Sumit Sourav (from Jamshedpur, Jharkhand)
Season 3 is gonna be as as amazing and a better platform for the people possessing the ability to perform as a stand-up comedy and reflect their talent of an inner artist, like the previous seasons and admirers of the show have been keeping their eyes wide open in the hope of getting any news regarding season 3. No confirmed date is heard yet but according to some sources, the new season might come around January of the following year i.e. 2021.