Bipin Rawat is a four-star general of the Indian Army. He is the first and current Chief of Defence Staff(CDS) of India. he served as Chairman of the Chiefs of Staff Committee as well as 27th Chief of Army Staff of the Indian Army
|Born||16 March 1958 (age 62)|
|Birth Place||Saina Village, Birmoli, Lansdowne, Pauri, Pauri Garhwal Uttar Pradesh (now in Uttar Pradesh)|
|Father||Lt. Gen. Laxman Singh Rawat|
|Service Years||16 December 1978-present|
|Awards|| • Uttam Yudh Seva Medal|
• Ati Vishisht Seva Medal
• Yudh Seva Medal
• Sena Medal
• Vishisht Seva Medal
• Param Vishisht Seva Medal
|Height||in centimeters -173 cm|
Bipin did his schooling from Cambrian Hall School, Dehradun, and the St Edward’s School in Shimla. After completing his schooling, he joined the National Defence Academy, Khadakwasla, and the Indian Military Academy, Dehradun, where he was awarded the ‘Sword of Honour.
He is Kshatriya(Rajput by Caste).His wife name is Madhulika Rawat who is a President of Women Welfare Association.He have two Daugthers Kritika Rawat and one more daughter.
- Second Lieutenant of the Indian Army 16 December 1978
- Lieutenant of the Indian Army 16 December 1980
- Captain of the Indian Army 31 July 1984
- Major of the Indian Army 16 December 1989
- Lieutenant Colonel of the Indian Army 1 June 1998
- Colonel of the Indian Army 1 August 2003
- Brigadier of the Indian Army 1 October 2007 (seniority from 17 May 2007)
- General Bipin Rawat was awarded a Doctorate of Philosophy by Chaudary Charan Singh University, Meerut for his research on military media strategic studies.
- He was awarded the Param Vishisht Seva Medal and Uttam Yudh Seva Medal for his exceptional services in the Indian Army.
- General Rawat has been a part of many international bilateral visits to places such as Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar, Russia and the United States.
- He is also an honorary General in the Nepaliese Army.
- General Rawat miracalously survived a single engine helicopter crash in 2015, minutes after it took off from Nagaland.
- A day before his retirement, General Bipin Rawat accepted the position of Chief of Defence Staff. His duty will be to overlook the Indian armed forces and act as a military advisor for the government.
What is the salary of Bipin Rawat?