Based on the 2015 novel titled “Bard Of Blood” by the author Bilal Siddiqi and published by Penguin Books, is the first-ever Original series produced under the banner of Red Chillies Entertainment. BOB is a seven-episode series that premiered on September 27, 2019, on the streaming platform Netflix, written by Mayank Tewari and Bilal Siddiqi and directed by Ribhu Dasgupta starring Emraan Hashmi, Vineet Kumar Singh, Sobhita Dhulipala in the significant roles.
Bard Of Blood is a fictional espionage and action thriller based on a former Research and Analytical Wing named Kabir Anand who has stepped out of his service as the RAW agent as a result of unforgettable destruction that led to his partner’s departure from life and is now a PTSD sufferer who later turns into an English teacher. On being called by the secret service director for another rescue mission of his fellow agents have been taken under the captivation of Taliban in Balochistan, he repudiates at the first moment but on coming across the other team members namely Isha and Veer Singh who are also the part of the rescue operation to be held at Quetta on encountering the series of events, he urges to be the part of the same but as he finds himself ready for it, it turns out that this operation is going to be a bootleg/unsanctioned one.
According to many articles, the reviews written are majorly focused on the poor and weaker sections of the show. And are expressed like the series is a chain of off-plot scenarios with a dynamic action sequence which lacks newness. In addition to it, the series leaves you with no surprise reaction on your face, is made with low and poor scriptwriting and one needle of thread leads to another that makes it all muddled up in order to display a series of events altogether.
- Emraan Hashmi as Kabir Anand/Adonis
- Vineet Kumar Singh as Veere Singh
- Sobhita Dhulipala as Isha Khanna
- Danish Husain as Mullah Khalid
- Kirti Kulhari as Jannat Marri
- Abhishekh Khan as Nusrat Bashir Marri
- Ajay Mahendru as Rehmat Khatib
- Asheish Nijhawan as Aftab Khalid
- Shamaun Ahmed as Qasim Baluchi
- Jaideep Ahlawat as Tanveer Shehzad
- Rajit Kapur as Sadiq Sheikh
- Shishir Sharma as Arun Joshi
- Amit Bimrot as Nihar Gupta
- Sohum Shah as Vikramjeet
- Shruti Marathe as Neeta
- Sahiba Bali as Abida, love-interest of Tanveer Shehzad
- Kallirroi Tziafeta as Jessica Parker
- Nikita Sharma
- Harshvardhan Singh
- Ankit Hans as captured agent
UPDATES REGARDING THE SEQUEL:-
The series is not renewed by Netflix yet but it is likely to return from it came to rest. The series will take off from where it left off.
- RELEASE DATE: As the season is not renewed, no release date can be anticipated at this point of time. The release date will be announced by the makers as and when they come to the finalization of the sequel. The series will come sooner or later this is for sure.
- THE PORTRAYALS OF CHARACTERS: The cast emerged in season 1 are likely to be returning back carrying their characters with them and we hope to see them with better versions of their acts to be played in the series. Any major alterations are hardly to be seen and the main characters will remain the same.