Full name, Barack Hussain Obama 2. He has been the 1st African-American and 44th President of USA and attorney. This guy served his nation as President for over a decade between 2007 to 2017.
Early Life & Education:
Early Life & Education:
Birth Date: 4th August 1961
Place of Birth: Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Schools & Colleges:
Father: Barack Obama Sr.
His father was a teenage goatherd in the rural side of Kenya. There, he won a scholarship and went to study in USA. After this he became a senior economist in the Kenyan government.
Mother: S. Ann Dunham
She was brought up in Kansas, Texas, and Washington state. After some time her family settled in Honolulu, Hawaii.
His Parents got married in the year 1960. They divorced each other. At that time Obama was just 2 and later his mother married another guy and obama had a step-sister Maya. They got settled in Jakarta.
Michelle Robinson: They both met at Chicago Law firm of Sidley Austin. Michelle was appointed as his assistant for 3 months.
Marriage: 3rd October 1992
Children: Milia Ann: Born in the year 1998 and Natasha(Shasha): Born in 2001.
He was offered a full scholarship in Northwestern University School of Law.Yet Obama enrolled at Harvard Law School in the end of year 1988, living in beside Somerville, Massachusetts. He was selected as an editor In the Harvard Law Review just after the end of his first year, president after his second year, and research assistant to the constitutional scholar Laurence Tribe while at Harvard for two years.
He became the President of USA in the year 2007 surpassing Hillary Clinton. Then he remained at that post for over a decade. Joe Biden was the Vice- President that time.
Barack Obama during his rule, passed many important bills and laws. Some of them are:
- Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act of 2006
- Lugar-Nunn Cooperative Proliferation Detection, Interdiction Assistance, and Conventional Threat Reduction Act of 2006
- Marriage in same sex was Legalized in 2012.
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- He became the first to became the African-American President of Haward Law Review.
- In 2006, Obama travelled to Kenya. There thousands of people Waited lined in the streets to welcome him.
- Obama had to reaffirm his birth in USA as some people have questioned about his nationality. This too in 2012, when he was President.
- Barack Obama got Nobel Peace Prize in the year 2009 for his “extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between people”.