Ayushmann Khurrana (Formerly known as Nishant Khurana) is a popular Indian Celebrity in the field of Acting, Singing, Scriptwriting, Music Composing and Hosting. Ayushmann Khurrana is known to become the winner of the second season of MTV Roadies. in 2004. He has revealed that he changed the spelling of his name from AyushmanKhurana to ‘Ayushmann Khurrana’ because of his father being an astrologer, who asked him to add extra alphabets to his name. As soon he stepped into Bollywood with his debut movie Vicky Donor(2012) he has not yet stopped ruling over the million hearts with his spectacular acting, scriptwriting and singing skills and not to forget his smile too.
Ayushmann Khurrana was born on 14th September 1984 in a middle-class family in Chandigarh, Punjab, India. The name of his father is P. Khurrana(An Astrologer and an Author on Astrology subject) and mother Poonam Khurrana(A housewife). The original name, Nishant Khurana was changed when he was 3 years old intentionally before he could step his foot for schooling. After winning the second season of Roadies, he moved progressing into being an Anchor. Furthermore, his name widespread as a Radio Jockey in Delhi with his popular show “Maan na maan mai tera Ayushmann”.
- Full Name- Ayushmann Khurrana (Commonly known as Ayushmann).
- Date of Birth- 14th September 1984.
- Age- 36 years old.
- Marital Status- Married with Tahira Kashyap.
- Children- 2 (Virajveer Khurrana and Varushka Khurrana).
- Height and Weight (Approximately)- 1. 5’9″ & 2. 70kilograms.
- Body Measurements(Approximately)- 1. Chest- 40cms 2. Waist- 32cms 3.Biceps- 12cms
- Hair and Eye colour- Black.
- Birthplace- Chandigarh, Punjab, India.
- Zodiac Sign- Virgo.
- Nationality- Indian.
Ayushmann completed his schooling at St. John’s High School, Chandigarh and got his Bachelor’s degree in English Literature from DAV college, Chandigarh and completed his Masters in Mass Communication from the School of Communication Studies, Punjab University. He is also the founding member of DAV college’s “Manchtantra” and “Aghaaz”, the running theatre groups in Chandigarh. Being a part of theatre for five major years, he excelled in street plays and won prizes in National College Festivals such as St. Bede’s, Shimla and Mood Indigo at IIT Bombay etc. He won the title for best actor for his role of Ashwatthama in Dharamvir’s Andha Yug.
- TELEVISION- After being a successful Radio Jockey, his fate took him to television platforms when he became the Youngest Participant in Channel V’s ‘Popstars’ in the year 2002. And winning the title of winner of MTV Roadies S2. Throughout this journey, he worked in MTV shows like Cheque De India and Fully Faltu Movies etc. He hosted the talent-based show “India’s Got Talent” on Colors TV alongside Nikhil Chinappa. He was seen as the host of MTV show “Stripped” and Singing Reality Show “Music Ka Maha Muqaabla” on Star Plus.
- FILMOGRAPHY- Ayushmann’s fortune turned into highways from streets when he was seen as a part of anchoring team at T20 Extra Innings for Indian Premier League. Due to his Bushy Eyebrows, he was discarded at auditions several times. Despite many rejections, he made his destiny and became an actor. The charming actor is known for his art of choosing a top-notch script and doing justice with the role given to him. Following is the list of films of Khurrana:-
- Vicky Donor- Year 2012 (Debut Movie).
- Nautanki Saala- Year 2013.
- Bewkoofiyan- Year 2014.
- Hawaizaada- Year 2015.
- Dum Laga Ke Haisha- Year 2015.
- Meri Pyari Bindu- Year 2017.
- Bareilly Ki Barfi- Year 2017.
- Shubh Mangal Savdhaan- Year 2017.
- Andhadhun- Year 2018.
- Badhai Ho- Year 2018.
- Article 15- Year 2019.
- Dream Girl- Year 2019.
- Bala- Year 2019.
- Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan- Year 2020.
- Gulabo Sitabo- Year 2020.
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:-
- He was awarded the Best Male Debut and Best Male Playback Singer for Vicky Donor.
- He appeared in Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list, ranking 70th.
- He was nominated for the Filmfare Award For Best Actor for Shubh Mangal Saavdhan.
- He was awarded the Best Actor and Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor for Andhadhun.
- He won another Filmfare Critics Award for Article 15.
- He was nominated for Best Actor for Bala.
- He again appeared in Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list and ranked 37th this time.
Ayushmann has 1 brother named Aparshakti Khurrana who is a radio jockey at Radio Mirchi 98.3 FM. He stepped into Bollywood with his debut film Dangal in 2016. Ayushman is also a well-known writer who is enthusiastically interested in Hindi poetry and non-fiction, fiction writings. He portrays his thoughts on incidents that happen around the Nation. Ayushmann married Tahira Kashyap in November 2011. They have shared their love story about how they both had eyes on each other but no one ever came forward to express. Ayushmann says,” The girl every guy had a crush on, had a crush on me! It seemed impossible but I was damn happy. Their story took an unusual turn when they met through their parents accidentally. Tariha’s father took her to his friend’s home for dinner and there she found that Ayushmann was her father’s friend’s son. They started dating each other after completion of school and till then they’re together until today.