Article on Meena Rana
About Meena Rana
Meena Rana is an Indian Uttarakhandi singer, who has released many Garhwali and Kumaoni music albums. She is regarded as one of the best female singers in Uttarakhand. It is also believed by people that she is the next Lata Mangkeshwar of Uttarakhand. Meena Rana started singing from a very young age. She was married to Mr. Sanjay Kamola. They have a daughter named Surabhi. They also named their studio after their daughter, Surabhi Multi Track Sound Studio.
Debut : Meena Ranas debut was “Nauni Pichhadi Nauni” (1992), which is a Garhwali film.
Birth and Parents: Meena Rana was born on 24th of May 1975 in Delhi. Her zodiac sign is
Gemini and is the daughter of Mr. Sanjay Kumola who is a music director.
Education: Meena Rana completed her initial years of schooling from Bathla Memorial Girls Senior Secondary, Delhi. She moved to Mussoorie in the 9th standard and continued her education from Mussoorie Girls’ Inter College.
Key Facts about Meena Rana
- Meena is fond of travelling and considers it a passion to travel to various places.
- She also shares interests in buying cars. She has an amazing collection of cars at her home.
- Meena enjoys listening to music and listens to it everyday.
- Meena started singing at a young age and first performed in a club owned by her relatives. Her first song was “Nainon Me Badra Chhaya,” by Lata Mangeshkar.
- Folk singers Puran Singh Rawat & Mani Bharti heard her singing and immediately asked her for a contract.
- She never took any training to learn her music.
- Meena and her Husband used to sing together at Akashvani club in Mussoorie.
- Her story of marriage is quite interesting. When her sister Uma Rana saw her and her husband sing together, she thought they were compatible and arranged their engagement afterwards.
- Meera’s first career option was to become a nurse and not a singer.
- She has even performed outside India like Australia, Oman.
- Meena Rana has been singing for the past 19 years.
|2010||Best Singer Female||Palya Gaun Ka Mohana (Mohana)||Won|
|2011||Best Singer Female||Hit O Bhina (Tu Meri Nasib)||Nominated|
|2011||Best Singer Female||Au Bulanu Yo Pahara (Din Jawani Char)||Won|
|2012||Best Lyricist||Hum Uttarakhandi Cha (Chandra)||Nominated|
|2012||Best Singer Female||Hum Uttarakhandi Cha (Chandra)||Won|
|2013||Best Singer Female||Ai Ja Re Dagdya (Negi Ki Cheli)||Nominated|