Video-on-demand platform Alt Balaji’s 2018 release Indian action thriller web series named Apharan: Sabka Katega, directed and co-produced by Siddharth Sen Gupta. Based on kidnapping, suspense, mystery, comedy, and a handful of non-stop action, it is a blend of every kind of genre you look for. The series premiered on December 14, 2018.
The series follows the life of a cop named Rudra who is enticed into kidnapping a girl named Anusha, on the request of her own mother and how he is maliciously alleged and is jailed for three years. The differentiating factor of the series is its 70’s theme which takes you to older times and leaves you nostalgic and reminiscent. With a good amount of suspense and action, the series revolves around the whodunnit of Anusha’s murder.
There is a total of 12 number of episodes in the series. And has the user rating of 8.3 out of 10. It emerged as the winner of Streaming Awards- December Edition for BEST Actor, Web Series, Director, and Writer and nominated for Best Actress and Debut Actor.
After the release of season 1, Ekta Kapoor has ensured that there will be a season 2 of the series super soon. She stated, “The ALT Balaji’s most-loved show needs to move into season 2 production soon”. Being one of the highly binge-watched series. Once the trailer is out, all our questions will be answered. So, let’s wait for the trailer launch.
- Arunoday Singh as Rudra Srivastava.
- Mahie Gill as Madhu/Malini.
- Monica Chaudhary as Anusha Tyagi.
- Nidhi Singh as Ranjana Srivastava.
- Varun Badola as Laxman Sexena.
- Saanand Verma as Satyanarayan Dubey.
- Neha Kaul as Madhu Tyagi.
- Pawan Chopra as Commissioner.
- Ram Sujan Singh as Mishra.
- Surender Singh as Constable Joshi.
- Sanjay Batra as Govind Tyagi.
- Nilesh Mamgain as Shukla.
- Snehil Dixit Mehra as Sadhu’s Wife.
- Shweta Rajput as Ria- The Bride.
Like season 1 where we got to see how the cop is given the investigation of his own attempted crime, the most interesting turn of the season. This backdrop of the thriller was greatly applauded which leaves the audience even more excited and highly expected as the series would return with even more thrilling and mysterious storyline.