Ali Zafar (Urdu, Punjabi: علی ظفر) also known as Prince of Pop, is a Pakistani musician, actor, painter and model probably most noted around South Asia for his music, including his hit songs like “Channo”, “Rangeen”, “Chal Dil Merey”, “Dekha”, “Masty” and “Sajania”. He started his singing career with his hit song “Jugnuon se bhar le aanchal” in the film Shararat directed by Pakistani actress and director Samina Peerzada.
Zafar recently won the “Youth Icon” award from the Lux Style Awards 2007, in Malaysia.
Early life and career of ALI ZAFAR
Ali Zafar was born on May 18 in Lahore, Pakistan to two professors at the University of the Punjab . He initially attended the C.A.A. Public School and later moved to the Beaconhouse School System from where he topped in his matric examinations. He later graduated from the National College of Arts as a painter in 2002 with honors.
Before entering the Pakistani musical scene, Ali Zafar worked as a model for reveral commercial advertisement besides acting in television. He worked in the Pakistani television serial Lunda-Bazar, Kanch Ke Par and in the teenage sitcom College Jeans. He was also in the music video of Preeto sung by Abrar-ul-Haq.
ALI ZAFAR Music career
Ali Zafar made his debut as a musician with the album Huqa Pani, released in Pakistan in 2003 and worldwide in 2005. The album was an instant hit, selling over 600,000 worldwide and winning several major awards and nominations.
It also put Ali into the league of the most popular artists ever to have come out of Pakistan with a massive fan following locally and internationally. It was described by The Hindu as “take a Kishore Kumar-like voice, club it with yuppie Ibiza-ish electronic beats, and add a bit of nostalgic lyrics”.
His comparison to Kishore Kumar was frequently made initially but with time he proved to be perhaps the most versatile singer in the modern generation with a distinct vocal tone and qualities, specially during his folk and Sufi renditions in the “Coke Studio Sessions”, where he surprised his audiences with live renditions of difficult notes with much ease and ranging his singing from pop to folk to semi-classical. His new songs, namely “Allah Hu”, “Yaar Dhadhi Ishq” (a cover), “Nahin Ray Nahin” and “Daastan-e-Ishq” won the hearts of millions all over the world once again and earned him a new era of fan following.
Ali won award for “Best Album” category at the Lux Style Awards in 2004 for his massive hit album Huqa Pani In addition to the album’s popularity being reflected in the shops and by critics, it has been widely claimed that Himesh Reshammiya plagiarised one of the most well-known tracks from the album, Rangeen, for the song Dillagi Mein Jo . Soon Pritam too copied his track “Channo” as “Chori ki Baatein”(Fight Club).
Ali Zafar launched his second album “Masty” nationwide in Pakistan in November 2006. He has since released four videosfrom the album called “Masty”, “Sajania”, “Dekha” and “Aasmaan”. A press conference for the release of the album was held in Lahore. The album has been released by Fire Records.
Ali Zafar released his second album “Masty” in India in February 2007. The album contains two additional remix tracks and has been launched by “FrankFinn Records”.
Ali recently released his third and long awaited single, “Dekha”, off his second album, which was the most expensive music video of Pakistan, costing more than seven million rupees but was a failure on charts. The video was shot in Malaysia, produced by the Lux Company, and has the famous Pakistani actresses/models, Reema Khan, Meera, and Amina Haq, starring in it.
Ali has a multitalented personality besides a singer, painter, model and an actor, he proved himself as a good music director and producer by directing and producing his music video “Ek Pal” from his first album Huqa Pani which was a big hit nationwide.
Personal life of Ali Zafar
Ali Zafar married long-time-fiance Ayesha Fazli on July 28, 2009 in Lahore, Pakistan.
Ali Zafar Education
Qualification: Degree in Fine Arts
School: C.A.A. Public School, Lahore
College: Government College of Lahore, Lahore National College of Arts, Lahore
Ali Zafar Career
Profession: Actor, Singer, Songwriter, Painter
Debut TV Series/Movie:
- Film: Tere Bin Laden (2010)
- TV: Kollege Jeans (1999)
Salary: 1-2 crore/film (INR)
Net Worth: $16 million
Family & Relatives
Father: Mohammad Zafarullah (Professor)
Mother: Kanwal Ameen (Professor)
Brother(s): Danyal Zafar, Zain Zafar
Marital Status: Married
Wife/Girlfriend: Ayesha Fazli (m. 2009-present)
Son(s): Azaan Zafar (born in 2010)
Daughter(s): Alyza Zafar (born in 2015)
Facts You Never Knew About Ali Zafar!
- It was also guaranteed that Bollywood’s well-known music executives Himesh Reshammiya And Pritam tore “Channo” and “Rangeen” from Zafar’s collection for Aashiq Banaya Aapne and “Chhore Ki Baatein” for Fight Club
- His parents needed to be convinced strongly to let him pursue his career, however some way or another, he persuaded his folks f his enthusiasm towards music and they bolstered him in his choice.
- After his Bollywood make a big appearance “Tere Bin Laden,” he got around 40 film offers as his execution was widely praised by everybody. In spite of the fact that his debut was a major hit, it was banned in his own country.
- He met his better half, Ayesha, first time at the anteroom of the lodging where he used to fill in as a portray craftsman. In 2008, he and his significant other, Aisha, were captured at gunpoint when they were out for a supper, however, were discharged later; as Ali’s family paid PKR 2.5 million as payment to the criminals.
- After he got notoriety, Zafar initially performed at the service of third Lux Style Awards in 2004. He also had performed in Mela Festival at Oslo, Norway in 2008.
- Apart from acting and singing, he has done marketing work for different brands like Pepsi, Sony Ericsson, LG, Lux, Head and Shoulders, and so forth.
- Ali Zafar paid tribute to artist Mehdi Hassan by singing his ghazal “Mujhe Tum Nazar Sai”. He likewise performed at the Pantaloons Femina Miss India challenge held at Bhavans Ground in Mumbai on 30 March 2012. He also performed at GIMA Awards.
- He was additionally invited to perform in 2013 Cannes Film Festival held at Cannes, France.
- In 2013, he performed alongside Shahrukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and Preity Zinta at Temptations Reloaded show in Muscat, Oman.
- On 27 October, Zafar performed at the MTV Unplugged India show with Ayushmann Khurrana at Dubai Tennis Stadium.
- Zafar also performed in the Lifestyle Pakistan Expo at Karachi Expo Center where he strolled the slope for creator mark ChenOne and furthermore performed with a dhol.
- The tune “Rockstar” wound up mainstream around the world and was also valued by Imran Khan and after that, it was additionally granted the title Song Of The Year.
- He also performed on the phase of first Hum Style Awards alongside Sohai Ali Abro where he was additionally granted “Most Stylish Male Performer”. In his show on 25 November, he played out the mannequin challenge.
Ali Zafar Favorites
Hobbies: Playing cricket & video games, reading
Favorite Actress: Madhuri Dixit
Favorite Food: Aloo palak, Chicken sizzler, Saag aur makkai ki roti
Favorite Color: Black
INSTAGRAM HANDLE- https://www.instagram.com/ali_zafar/
FACEBOOK HANDLE- https://www.facebook.com/aly.zafar
YOUTUBE HANDLE- https://www.youtube.com/c/AliZafarofficial