Disney+ Hotstar’s Hindi Drama Aarya is a web television series premiered on June 19, 2020, revolving around crime and drama and is based on a 2010 Dutch Drama Penoza by Bart Korthuis, written by Sandeep Shrivastava and Anu Singh Choudhary and directed by Ram Madhvani, Sandeep Modi, and Vinod Rawat which vehemently subsumes the classic phrase “even in the best families”. With a total of 9 episodes, it has received an IMDb rating of 7.9 out of 10.
Aarya is Sushmita Sen‘s OTT made debut series as she portrayed the prominent role alongside Chandrachur Singh, Sikander Kher, Ankur Bhatia etc.
The series is a fictional representation of a family that goes from “happily ever after” to being agonized from a jeopardizing business which ultimately turns a mother and a wife named Aarya to go from and beyond whatever comes in the way to protect her family.
THE COMPRISING CAST:
- Sushmita Sen as Aarya Sareen, Tej’s wife and Aaru, Veer and Adi’s mother
- Chandrachur Singh as Tej Sareen, Aarya’s husband and Aaru, Veer and Adi’s father
- Sikandar Kher as Daulat
- Ankur Bhatia as Sangram, Aarya’s brother, and Tej’s business-partner
- Alexx ONell as Bob
- Namit Das as Jawahar Bishnoi
- Manish Choudhary as Shekhawat
- Viren Vazirani as Veer Sareen, Aarya & Tej’s 1st Child
- Virti Vaghani as Arundhati Sareen (Aaru), Aarya & Tej’s 2nd Child
- Pratyaksh Panwar as Adi Sareen, Aarya & Tej’s 3rd Child
- Sugandha Garg as Hina
- Priyasha Bhardwaj as Soundarya, Aarya’s sister
- Sohaila Kapur as Rajeshwari, Aarya’s mother
- Jayant Kripalani as Zorawar, Aarya’s father
- Maya Sarao as Maya, Jawahar’s wife
- Vishwajeet Pradhan as Sampat
- Vikas Kumar as ACP Khan
- Nishank Verma as Ajay (ACP Khan’s Boyfriend)
- Jagdish Purohit as Bhairon Singh
- Flora Saini as Radhika “Rads”
- Gargi Sawant as Pallavi, Veer’s girlfriend
- Richard Bhakti Klein as Larry, Bob’s father
Overall, the premiere of Aarya is reportedly proven successful in the digital platforms and received positive reviews from the critics. Some of them goes this way:
- Shubhra Gupta from The Indian Express writes, “For the most part, Aarya stays on course, taut, unpredictable, pacey and enjoyable. I was eager to know what’s going to happen next, and that’s straight away a win.”
- Rahul Desai from Film Companion writes, “Sen is the pivot of an excellent cast that, despite a brief lull in the middle overs, maintains the rhythm. The narrative fleetingly dips its toes into the hidden homes of each character. This gives each of the talented actors – otherwise underutilized by the Hindi-film”.
The sources display the confirmation of the renewed season of the series and it is officially declared that there’s gonna be the second chapter to be arriving soon of the same.
SEASON 2: INFORMATION
- RELEASE DATE: Aarya will be returning to the doors of OTT Platforms sooner or later but the anticipated date is taken to be around or near mid-2021 as season 1 has just premiered and expecting the sequel now may turn out to be very early. Moreover, keeping our eyes on the official announcement is better than relying on something that has just been anticipated and not confirmed so far.
- THE PLOT: Aarya season 2 will be an answering machine to our questions left unanswered. Season 1 ended on a narrow escape and we sternly want to know if Aarya elects to leave the illegal business of drugs or she resolves to step into the world of human beings leading a normal human life. In addition to it, the crime of drug mafia may come out proven with all the required shreds of evidence.
- THE CAST: The cast of season 2 will be comprised of the familiar faces that we got to witness in the first season. Some not-so-very noticeable changes may be introduced or a new character may also be seen joining the team of the ensemble cast of Aarya.